Sunday, October 24, 2010

Working to Get Elected Andover City Councilmember

With only one more weekend before the November 2nd election, Cheryl and I dodged raindrops throughout the weekend in our effort to cover the city either by door-knocking (and dropping off literature) or by driving around the city putting our literature in newspaper boxes or mailbox posts.  Cheryl developed a technique of taping our cards on with blue - then green (our campaign color) painter's tape.  At the Candidate Forum and our door-knocking, we've received positive feedback on getting our card.  Cheryl also has a technique of keeping my head poking out of the box at you (I have photos on the same end of the card).  So, if you're tired of seeing my face around, grab our card out, read it over - and vote for me, OK?

Sometimes you get unexpected pleasures.  Off of Co. Rd. 158 today, the map listed a street named Jivarro.  We drove down this dirt road to "nowhere" and came out in front of a farmhouse - but no mailbox (we missed it back on 158).  But the farmer was an old acquaintance from the United Methodist Chuch of Anoka - Jeff Luedtke - who also formerly served on the city's Planning Commission and his was the first family to donate land to the Open Spaces project.  Nice chat - thanks for taking a few minutes with me, Jeff!

I color in our map at home as we finish visiting neighborhoods.  Most of my map is green.  Next weekend, we need to finish literature drops in SE and SW Andover - in the neighborhood just west and south of Round Lake on the west side of Round Lake Blvd, then the water tower neighborhood between Coon Creek and Round Lake Blvd., then the SE square east of the rail line to the city border, and between Andover and Bunker Lake Blvds.

I still have a bunch of door-knocking to do this week - about 650 houses - about 8-10 hours of neighborhood interaction.  I'll be in the 5th Precinct on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday afternoons, early Sunday - before we get serious about the Halloween trick-or-treaters visiting our house Sunday night - and finally, on Monday, if necessary. 

I'm going to be on Raven and Uplander between 141st and 143rd - off of South Coon Creek Dr., then I'll be on 141st Ln, 142nd Ave. and 142nd Ln.- as well as Osage & Partridge that intersect.  I've still got to visit Quinn between 139th Ave and 140th Ln, as well as Nightingale, Partidge and Osage in that section.  After getting to the 13700 and 13800 blocks of Swallow and Raven, I'm going to spend time at the houses NW of North Woods West Park - Ivywood, 141st Ln, 142nd Ave and 142nd Ln. And I've got houses on Crosstown Dr. between 139th & 140th Aves, as well as the neighborhood south of the North Woods Parks - Crocus, Northwood Dr., 137th Ln, 138th Ave, 138th Ln, 140th Ave and 140th Ln.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter